As a Member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) we strictly adhere to the following Code of Fair Business Practice:
- Fair and equitable dealings with clients and other industry participants at all times;
- Compliance, not only with the law, but with the minimum industry standards of conduct prescribed in this Code;
- Promotion of an efficient competitive and ethical building and construction industry;
- Providing confidence that using a HIA member is a better way of building; and
- Provision of the framework to continue industry reform and in particular changing the adversarial
- nature of commercial dealings to that of the partnering concept of utmost good faith and fairness in all
- such dealings.
- To act at all times with honesty, integrity and responsibility and in the spirit of good faith and fair dealing;
- To engage in no conduct which is unfair, harsh or unconscionable;
- To engage in no practice which might tend to lower the standards applicable in the building and construction industry;
- To observe all the relevant laws of the Commonwealth, States and Territories in which we operate;
- To understand the principles of fair trading legislation including but not limited to the Trade Practices Act by ensuring that all key management participate in appropriate educative training and compliance programs;
- To observe the principles of the Code.
At DB Homes our Occupational Health and Safety Policy is based on a belief that our staff and other people affected by our work, is a major priority and must always be considered during all stages of work conducted.
People are our most important asset and their safety and health is our greatest responsibility. We extend this responsibility to include the public as well.
The main objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free environment.
- Ensuring to make health & safety a major part of every management and supervisory position.
- To ensure health & safety is part of all planning stages and work activities.
- To ensure all employees are involved in the decision making processes.
- To ensure all employees are educated & trained to carry out work in the safest possible manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health & safety management is dependent on:
- ro-active planning of all work activities
- understanding the total work process
- ensuring that staff are totally committed to achieving the objectives and
- to ensure that open and honest communication exists between management and all staff.